I aim to work closely with parents to provide good quality care for their children. Maintaining good communications with parents is an important aspect of my work. I would expect parents to discuss any concerns about my service directly with me, in the first instance. I encourage parents to talk to me about the care of the children and raise any problems with me as soon as possible so that the matter can be resolved.
If I do receive a formal written complaint, I will inform Ofsted within 14 days that a complaint has been made.
I will investigate all complaints and notify the complainant of the outcomes of the investigation within 28 days.
I will keep a record of all written complaints and their outcome for three years. Confidentiality will be maintained but I may be required to provide Ofsted with a written record of all complaints within a specified period and the action taken as a result of each complaint.
I will record the following information:
- The name of the person making the complaint.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage requirement(s) to which the complaint relates (if applicable).
- The nature of the complaint.
- The date and time of the complaint.
- Any action taken in response to the complaint.
- The outcome of the complaint investigation (for example, ways the service has improved).
- Details of the information and findings that were given to the person making the complaint, including any action taken.
If the complaint cannot be resolved or if the complaint is of a serious nature and parents feel they cannot discuss it with me, they should contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231.
Ofsted produces guidance on concerns and complaints about childminders and childcare providers. This is available on the Ofsted website and provides guidance on the complainant’s right to contact Ofsted.